Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Baby Horsie

I saw a picture of a sweet baby horse today that I would share with you in this space were Blogger not run by cheap bastards who do not permit their uses to upload images. So go click. It's the second picture on the page. I'll wait right here.

Isn't she PRECIOUS?!?! Doesn't she look like she's posing there in the middle of that field packed with wildflowers and white fences and grass and hope and light and all that shit?

The foal in the picture is the daughter of the great Point Given, who won more Grade 1 races than any other horse in 2001, including the Preakness and Belmont. Her mommy's name is Golden Bri. Isn't it nice when two horses fall in love and get married and create something amazing like this? (Yes, I know breeding is actually a highly scientific, very lucrative, incredibly cold process, but in this Catholic blog, all horses have a proper wedding complete with "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" played at the reception.)

Also, my intense disdain of the Miss America pageant aside, I would, just once in this life, like to referred to as "a filly." What a pretty word.

No comments:

Previous Tastings