Wednesday, October 11, 2006

New York trip Preliminary After-Action Report, as told to JTP

I talked to MB on the phone this evening. She doesn't have Internet (read: the iMac in the hall won't connect to anything but apple.com) at her crap-tastic "hotel", so I'm resuming my Blonde Champagne guest contributor status. To all you Patriots fans, don't worry, you have to deal with me only tonight, this time.

She said the reading was incredible, and she was well-received by the audience, which included Joel and Hannah The Readers! Matt The Random House Editor told MB that she was intentionally put last because he knew she would make a great finish to the event, which she was indeed. Afterwards, there were hoards of adoring fans demanding autographs and quality face-time. MB is happy to report she passed out almost all of her business cards so people know where to go (here!) for more of the good stuff! Hopefully this quick update will not scare them away...

Tink said the trip was a great investment, and New York is, well, New York. Sorry, New Yorkers, she still prefers Cincinnati. She said I definitely made the right choice of work location between NY and northern VA.

Complete After-Action Report full of intimate trip details is coming.

Final thought: I realized y'all haven't seen a recent picture of us, so here you go:

This was shortly before I left for Oklahoma City. The next one will be of us together at Thanksgiving.

Speaking of Oklahoma City, check out View From The Left Seat for pictures from where I am right now.

Six more weeks until we see each other at: josh_hunter04@yahoo.com

5 comments:

Ophelia said...

That is such an adorable picture!

Josh The Pilot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

When Scots and Germans collide, ahjen7...

Josh The Pilot said...

I'm part Norwegian, too, which I guess is considered Aryan.

Hehe, MB said "collide", hehe
*kicks 10-year-old self*

Jenib said...

You guys are starting to look alike...just a little bit. That pic would be great framed in black and white.


Gosh I sound like a stalker...lolol. Seriously, I hope mb had a fantastic time. It is so neat to read as her life unfolds like this.

Previous Tastings