Monday, December 12, 2005

Rest

My final word on bad Christmas music is pretty much here (and, in one last burst of anger, here), but that was written before I became a teacher, and now I must alert you to my frustration with Mel Torme and Nat King Cole. Now I hear "Yultide carols being sung by a choir" and I'm reaching for my red pen, becuase "being sung" is passive voice, and its perpetrators must be destroyed if the world is to continue its proper rotation.

I'm also stunned that I originially didn't include a very large scream-at for the Beach Boys with the earbleed-triggering "Little St. Nick," in which we are solemnly informed that "Christmas comes this time each ear." Thank you, Mike Love. I wasn't aware.

also, you haven't lived until you've heard Willie Nelson sing "Frosty the Snowman" between grass inhales at: mb@blondechampagne.com

No comments:

Previous Tastings