Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Translation

I was awake for 22 hours yesterday, and just before I allowed myself drift into a sweet, sweet chadless world, I got a completely awesome idea for a post. I reached over to the pad and pen I keep by my bedside and wrote it down. Are you ready? Ready? This is so hilarious:

"Rugnortim. I O, no borbs."

I am so glad I was able to share this important insight with you.

Rugnortim UPDATE: It's "Proportion."

switching to a tape recorder at: mbe@drinktothelasses.com

6 comments:

The Spencers said...

That looks like something I would do. Great job volunteering! Did you find yourself speaking in an usually loud voice even when you got home? I know when I am around a lot of elderly folks, I become a loudspeaker.

Cbell said...

Thank goodness!!! Finally there is SOMEONE out there who will stand up in the face of Rugnortim I O and expose its darkness to the light.

You GO MB!!!

Tony Rossi said...

It sounds like something that would be said at the Mos Eisley cantina. Maybe you're hoping to write a new Star Wars movie.

Red Pill Junkie said...

Clearly this is an anagram which contains an important message about the End of the World. I should work on it immediately.

That... or your brain was leaking :-)

Still Singing said...

I feel enlightened now.

Happy Valentine's Day to the Newlyweds! :o)

Marsh said...

If you post a picture of it, I can probably decipher it.

Not because I'm clasically trained in calligraphy or other language arts, but because I have awful handwriting as well. In fact, I've become quite good at hearing something on the radio while driving, writing it on my hand while keeping my eyes on the road, and then decoding the illegible blobs of ink at some later point.

In fact, the other day I heard something on the radio worth remembering on the way into work, then after getting home, looked at something that resembled this:

u|0I3 |=/\1I>
+UT= Z/Iº|
S-¯/ |>N\

. . . and that night was able to tease out:

JOB FAIR
TUE 2/19
5 - 7 PM

Previous Tastings