Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy Spew Year

Tink woke up at 5 a.m. this morning with an urgent need to hurl. I'm trying not to take it personally. Last night we had a great time at Newport on the Levee, our first proper date as an engaged couple. On the way back to Julie and Britton's, MB told me she was feeling uneasy. I tend to have that effect on women so I didn't think too much about it. I thought I had shown MB a good time, but instead of gettin' some lovin' afterward I was almost spewed upon. Don't worry, she has assured me this is not a sign of how our marriage will be.

I really think her body is saying it's finally had enough of the beating she's endured for the last four months. Teaching five college classes, welcoming a new nephew into the world, publishing a book, going to France, doing a reading in New York, and getting engaged has taken its toll. Her stomach said, "Skyline is good, but not right now!" and you can imagine the rest. She's been wiped out all day. However, she still wanted to watch the Bengals game with me, which I think is really hot. What a great girl. :-)

The plan for today was after Mass we were going to have lunch with Fletch The Extremist. For those of you who don't know, Fletch is also a Cincinnati-ite. We were looking forward to seeing him before he heads off to Dallas for his big-boy internship with "Ding! You are free to move about the country" Airlines. Congrats Fletch! However, in light of Tink's condition, I sent Fletch a text message early this morning to cancel on him. Around noon, he calls me, in a very sleepy voice, "Hey, dude, are we still gonna have lunch?"

"Didn't you get my text message?"

"No, my phone doesn't get texts."

"Call me back when you arrive in the 21st century."

Good luck anyway, Fletch. I know you've really been looking forward to this.

Many thanks to Carah the BFFE and her husband for inviting us to their New Year's Eve party. Obviously, we're not going to make it. She called a little bit ago and I gave her the sad news. We'll have to wait until the wedding to meet.

We hope y'all have a great New Year's Eve. Don't be concerned about Tink and me; we're together so we'll be fine. She says she'd rather be sick and have me taking care of her on New Year's Eve than be healthy and out partying with some random guy. Ladies and gentlemen, that is why I'm marrying this wonderful woman.

In sickness and in health at: josh_hunter04@yahoo.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if she wasn't sick before the Bengals game, she was afterwards.

Happy New Year to you guys, and I hope MB bounces back fast!

Anonymous said...

MB! I hope you feel better soon.

Happy New Year to you both.

ShannJ said...

Happy New Year to both of you!!!! I agree, that game was not something to be watched on an upset stomach. I hope you're feeling better in no time, MB. I had that stomach bug two weeks ago today. It was awful. I felt much better within 24 hours, but didn't really feel up to eating until a few days later. Just make sure you drink lots of water - I got way dehyrated, and it was not fun.

Dantelope said...

Ugh, the whole Dantelope family fell ill as well. First Born went searching for porcelain goddess on Friday, Princess Diva bought a Buick on Saturday, and I took solace in the Rainbow Yawn on Sunday.

24 hours never felt longer...

Forget the water drinkin -- have your significant other club you with a baseball bat... cheap anesthetic.

ShannJ said...

yeah, on second thought, the baseball bat might've done the trick.

Cbell said...

I am mourning the Bengals game with MB... I feel ill now too.

DivineDivorcee said...

saltines... pelligrino... and the love of a good man. So send the good man to get the saltines and pelligrino and then let him cuddle you whilst you consume them.

good luck, kids :)

Previous Tastings