Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Background

Sorry I wasn't able to post the past few days; Friday I had to meet with my pimp and my parole officer, and then on Monday night Blogger was all cloggy just as I attempted to access the system. So you see, as always, The Man is attempting to keep me down.

What I wanted to post about was this:

People, and how they always be getting up in my pictures.

Here, we see EPCOT Guy. EPCOT Guy got between my camera and the great ball of EPCOT, and the great ball of EPCOT pays the price. I'm quite sure EPCOT Guy is an otherwise fine citizen, who pays his taxes and returns shopping carts and doesn't put large plastic snowglobes featuring the Christ Child on his lawn, but here? EPCOT Guy sucks.

Apparently it's a panhemispheric issue.

I don't take issue so much with this lady being in my picture as much as I do with my concern over the fact that George Michael just called from 1985, and he wants his jean vest back.

Then we have the Invasion of the Tourist Starers:

This, granted, is the reaction of most people when otherwise coming upon otherwise intelligent and educated people wearing a fez, as we see G-Force modeling here. And yet-- my good woman, kindly return yourself to the Sunglasses Hut. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

But ultimately, When Pictures Go Wrong, we have only ourselves to blame.

windy at: mb@blondechampagne.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I did the post-college Europe thing, people were always by necessity taking pictures of fountains and stuff with throngs of people in them. If my friend and I were likely to be in the deep background and easily crop-able, we'd always wave.

Then again, if I dial a wrong number and get an answering machine, I always invite the person to a party that night and just not leave a name.

Wow, I'm really quite annoying.

Anonymous said...

The best part is that in the two middle pictures the women are looking at the camera like they don't understand what's going on. "What is that thing she's holding? I wonder what it does?" Usually if I look at the camera when someone is taking a picture, it's to see where they're pointing so I can get out of the way. Neither of these women seem concerned with that. Obviously your picture is in their way. Hmp.

This reminds me of a two coworkers who took a trip to Jamacia. They were with a tour group in which there was a verrry large woman in a red bikini. Guess who somehow managed to get in the frame on almost every picture they took that day? That red bikini haunted almost and entire roll of film. The biggest problem I have is when I try to take scenery pictures out of a moving car and usually snap the picture right as a tree on the side of the road goes by. Had a lot of pictures from Colorado with blurry trees in them.

Anonymous said...

Try picasa.com; it's a free and easy photo editing download from Google. Remove redeye, crop etc. before posting. You too can look like a master photographer! I agree with the rest of the gang, closerisbetter.

Anyhoo, we all come here for your words, although the photos are a nice addition.

Heather said...

Curious minds want to know ... where was the map of Australia photo taken? :)

Anonymous said...

I have a perfect picture for this post of a very creepy Frenchman that walked into one of my pictures on our high school Paris trip. I kept the picture in my album because it was such a funny memory.

And about the blurry objects moving into the frames shot from a moving car - I just returned from a trip to Hawaii today, and spent most of Tuesday cruising Oahu in a awesome red Mustang convertible. I have quite a few blurry trees due to bad timing, and one shot of some dude due to really bad timing. We got quite a few laughs out of him.

Previous Tastings