Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ask Josh The Pilot, Vol. V, Day 4: Wedding themes, BC names, and my career

Anonymous said…

When you and MB finally take the plunge, will there be flight/NASA/blonde champagne themes during the big event

Absolutely! We’ll have details when they’re available.

Doddy said...

Is there any room for negotiations in naming? Did you have any input in the 'Josh The Pilot' tag, or how about Fletch of 'Fletch The Extremist'?

No negotiations. All titles come from the amazing and fertile mind of our beloved Tink. Personally, I don’t see any need for negotiations. After all, I am a pilot, and Fletch, well, if you ever meet him you’ll understand.

Jill said...

Do you plan to continue flying (for a career or fun), or are you keeping your feet firmly on the air traffic control tower? Please explain!

Gladly! First off, I do not work in a tower. I work in an enroute control center. My job is to track airplanes while they're between their departure and arrival airports. Airplanes have to be watched over at all times, not just in the vicinity of an airport. Pilots like to think they’re the ones keeping their airplanes on track and away from other airplanes, but it’s actually controllers who are doing the real work.

I plan to continue flying for fun while I am a controller, and when I retire in 25 years I plan to fly full time until I am no longer able!

No comments:

Previous Tastings