Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hush Money

At times I fill life’s brainless moments-- staring at a red light, hands lax on the steering wheel, or sitting on the toilet, examining the tile grout-- with the thought, “I wonder if, somewhere in the world, anything is happening, right this very second, that will wind up affecting the history of the world.”

This never fails to fascinate me. Who turned to their spouse mid-Nixon administration with, “Can you imagine the absolute crap that would go down if the President were at this very second handing out hush money and secretly taping every word uttered inside the Oval Office?”

What's happening right now?

mb@blondechampagne.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you on that one. I also spend a lot of time thinking about the fact that every other one of the billions of people in the world have lives going on that are just as important to them as mine is to me; you know? Especially when I'm driving down the highway. They all have somewhere important to to be...I wonder where...

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry ma'am, You'll have to come with me.

Anonymous said...

What's happening right now:

Mexico is in the verge of a civil war driven by a messianic egomaniac fascist with delusions of grandeur.

Well... HOPEFULLY NOT.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it $5 black jack las vegas Ratified ford workers contract phentermine sports event tickets Sliders select baseball san antonio Visa credit card uk insurance car rental dealing physical effects quitting smoking Atlantic city deep sea fishing Arnold swartsanegger body building

Previous Tastings