Friday, October 07, 2005

Long, Strange Journey

Sorry for not updating. It’s because I suck, and also because I am such a good, well-organized professor. Only the real pros have major assignments due in every single course over a two-day period.

Since last I whined at you, I have been despairing of the Millennium Bellemobile. Every now and then it rains in Florida, you see, sometimes as much as four to seven drops at a time. This does not sit well with the Bellemobile, which is an excellent car for a Floridian if you don’t consider the fact that her previous owner cut a gigantic hole in her roof and attempted to stop it up with a sunroof clearly purchased from the trunk of somebody else’s car for as much as fifty-eight cents. So we have a leakage issue, the Bellemobile and I, and the Leakage Issue has created a great many other Issues, such as a Mold Issue, a Stuck Glove Compartment Issue, a Rusted and Barely-Functioning Driver’s Side Seatbelt Issue, and, perhaps most devastating, a Driving To Class With a Wet Butt Issue.

Now I can barely afford breathable air, let alone shoulder a car payment, but last week, I got a letter from the Toyota dealership I used to take the Bellemobile to when she was sick back in my Cape Canaveral starvation days. They mentioned that for some reason—I cannot imagine why—the auto industry is experiencing a run on compact cars. Seems people are suddenly disenchanted with the concept of driving road-rated aircraft carriers with fuel efficiencies of five microns to the gallon.

So they were offering a very good trade-in deal, and I figured I might as well see what reared itself in Merritt Island.

(time for water aerobics! More later today. I just wanted to at least start, so you didn’t get the idea that I don’t love you anymore.)

4 comments:

Gazza said...

Hi there. Do you know of other sites like this one (spanish red wine) where I can meet other people interested in wine, mainly spanish red wine?
Many thanks

Joe Berenguer said...

Congratulations Friend for your excellent blog on vauxhall corsa car reviews!Keep up the good work!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
vauxhall corsa car reviews
I send you my warm regards and wish you continued success.
Have a nice day! :-)

Joe Berenguer said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about used sprint car classifieds so I know I'm talking
about when I say yours is top-notch! Keep up the
great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please visit my site used sprint car classifieds
Best success!

Bill Harrison said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my auto classifieds utah site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

Previous Tastings