Thursday, September 09, 2004

Hurricane Ivan Update

from Glenn Beck: "I think God is bowling with hurricanes now."

I have a job interview in Cincinnati next weekend, and I actually had to say to my contact: "Okay, I'll be there Monday, hurricane permitting" AND I WASN'T EVEN TRYING TO BE FUNNY.

President George was here yesterday (again, some more) to frown at the ripped-off roofs in a concerned manner. He may as well just set up a cot in Jeb's living room.

It's like living in a third world country behind the Iron Curtain around here. "I hear the Winn-Dixie has ice. Behold the glory of ice!" "Yesterday, the Publix got a meat shipment. We have meat now!" "I need milk... please God, the children must moisten their Froot Loops... all they have at Kroger's is the low-carb crap...." "El Dictator says he will open the coffers of the state unto The Workers, and let the supply of Eggos flow."

Yes, come to Florida! America's playground of downed trees and backed-up sewers!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Previous Tastings