Saturday, September 04, 2004

BEST RNC CONVENTION QUOTE EVER

I like Laura Bush. Her daughters, not so much. I was all about giving them a chance when they introduced her at the convention, and it started out so very, very, well, with the two of them trotting onstage hand-in-hand, really cute, waving at the crowd and smiling, stepping up to the microphone and cheerfully acknowledging the applause.

AND THEN

And then they opened their mouths. Well, it was an impressive fourteen seconds while it lasted.

What I saw earlier in the evening, though, almost made up for that horror against humanity. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Hoppin' Kerri Strug and... Mary Lou Retton! I was so glad to see my old peppy friend, Mary Lou, she of the perfect vault When It Counted Most. I hereby give you permission to laugh very hard, then, when I tell you that she tripped over the podium when she got on stage. U-S-A! U-S-A!

Arnold Schwarzenegger gets the Balls-Out Award for saying the N-word (Nixon) in public.
(I am right now working up a bigass Hurricane Frances Update, so keep your floodpants on.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are these blogs all about anyway? I was surfing looking for cellulite get rid when I ended up here. Back to the relentless searching for cellulite get rid.

Anonymous said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my adventure camps site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

Previous Tastings