Friday, August 27, 2004

Rice Rice BABY!!

The corporate bloodshed continues at The Evil Boring Day Job, with our new overlord arriving on Monday. I imagine his entrance to be in the style of Darth Vader sweeping aboard the captured Rebel cruiser in the opening scene of Star Wars, complete with smoke, billowing black cape, and littered bodies in the hallway.

My confidence in retaining my position shot straight up yesterday,when my co-worker was contacted to set up a meeting with Darth, and she mentioned that she’d have to check with my schedule to see if I could attend.

“Oh,” he said, “I don’t think Tink will have to be there.”

Am I correct in thinking this is not a good thing?

So resumes are flying at a furious rate around here, and we are all passing hot job prospects back and forth. I myself am applying for this:

Director, Consumer Publicity Program, USA Rice Federation, ArlingtonVA. USA Rice Federation promotes rice consumption through programs to strengthen and enhance the public image of rice. The Director of Consumer Publicity develops and manages culinary and nutrition education programs to highlight rice's attributes, including versatility, taste, convenience and role in healthy eating.

I burst into tears when I came across this ad, for at last my dream of enhancing the image of the oppressed ricecake is now within my grasp.

Comment below so as to praise the almighty Uncle Ben, or email blondechampagne@hotmail.com

No comments:

Previous Tastings