Monday, April 05, 2004

There's a New Man In My Life

As it happens, Taufling is.... a James Gregory. He arrived in my heart at 6:51 AM on April 3 after twenty hours of labor, three hours of mighty pushing, and a very strong contribution from his Aunt Beth, who did her part by sitting in the waiting room eating SnoCaps and reading a Star Wars novel.

We call him Jim. He is quite disgruntled with everybody and everything right now, especially after what the nurses euphamistically call "the circ." He comes home from the hospital on Monday morning, after which I will immediately buy him a pony.

I now possess the first set of many, many pictures of various people holding Jim, who pretty much has two expressions, "Very Angry" and "Sleeping." I think we will keep him anyway.

Also, I am never letting a male of the speices touch me, ever, ever again. Thank you.

This just in from the DRF:

RACE 1
April 3, 2004
Maiden Special Weight

1 James Gregory
Owners: Julie and Britton
Blonde Colt, 14 hours old
Sire: Gregory Britton (Gregory Gerald)
Dam: Julie Ann (Melvin Ronald)
Breeder: Roman Catholic Church
Trainer In All Things Destructive and Fun: Aunt Beth
Pitocin, 8 lbs, 9 oz
Out of gate very slowly, stubbornly stayed on the inside, loomed boldly, strong delivery at wire
Bullet Work: 6:51 AM

Previous Tastings