Monday, October 06, 2003

Hearing Things

The song that Jimmy Buffett wrote with the full knowledge I was about to be born-- "Changes in Lattitudes, Changes in Attitudes"-- cued up on the radio this morning as I drove into the Graph Paper Paradise today. (One of the cool things about living in Flordia; they actually play Jimmy Buffett on the radio out here.) I was coming in at a very weird time, 10 AM, so of course I had to turn it up and just about cry and take it as A Sign.

I dream about Denver when I'm home, horses-

I wish I could jump on a plane.

So many nights I sit and dream of the mountains

God I wish I were riding again

Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder

So I can't look back for too long

There's just too much to see waiting in front of me

And I know that I just can't go wrong.

No comments:

Previous Tastings