Monday, October 27, 2003

BEST IDEA EVER

You can officially stop asking me about Pete Rose now, people. When I make new acquaintances who find out I'm from Cincinnati, this is the first thing they'll say: "Ohhhhhh.... Pete Rose, man."

Why is this? When I meet someone from Dallas, I don't shake my head and go, "Dude, way to assassinate Kennedy."

Pete is in the news again in typical Pete fashion: for doing something stupid. He's made a concerted decision to get away from all the betting by.... buying a racehorse.

Oh, and we're not stopping there. No we are not!

Quoth his trainer, Bob Hess: "(Pete) told me that once he’s a manager in baseball again he’ll own lots of horses and try to get his players into it, too."

I LOVE this idea, Pete. This is just a top-notch plan. NOTHING can go wrong here. NOTHING AT ALL.

I am gonna start telling people that I grew up in Omaha.

Email the very pale, very poor author at: blondechampagne@hotmail.com

No comments:

Previous Tastings